10 Words You Never Hear Discussed in Mainstream Media - #1 Compassion
Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
This is the first installment in a series of posts on 10 Words You Never Hear in the Mainstream Media. The first word is COMPASSION. Think about our mainstream media and pop culture. Where is the compassion? The word is rarely used and the sentiment rarely expressed. When it is it's mocked as weak.
Why? Well, I believe it's because our culture is addicted to conflict. We snore through conflict among nations. We expect conflict among genders, races, and religions. We seem to relish conflict in our politics. Compassion is a real killjoy to those who like a little conflict with their coffee in the morning.
More than that, compassion is potent antidote to those conflicts. The powerful forces on our planet who thrive and maintain their power through conflict must never allow it to be extolled through their media sources.
I DARE CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, The Washington Post, and The New York Times. Show compassion. Write about it. Talk about it. Use your platform to expand it. I DARE you!
Compassion is defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary as:
Sympathetic consciousness of others' distress combined with a desire to alleviate it.
Compassion is something we all seek from others for our circumstances and something we must be willing to give others. We must, if we are to create a more enlightened planet, make compassion a centerpiece of our daily interactions - individually and among nations. For without compassion, we are reduced to the law of the jungle.
I discovered this wonderful video on YouTube a couple years ago about compassion. The message of universal compassion is one that needs to be heard and heeded in our modern world. What a great way to say it!
Following are 10 affirmations I wrote to help you make compassion core to your being.
- Today and every day, I am the very embodiment of compassion!
- My world is what I make of it and I CHOOSE to make it a compassionate place to be!
- I am the very embodiment of love and compassion in all my interactions with others.
- Today and every day, I am a part of solving the compassion deficit in my world!
- Today I care for the Earth by caring for my fellow human beings and expanding compassion on our planet.
- I believe wholeheartedly that I am part of the solution in my life and in my world.
- The world needs my compassion! Today and every day, I make a difference!
- Compassion’s ROI is measured not on bottom lines, but from the bottom of our hearts.
- Today I honor, expand, and share the compassion that lives within me!
- Compassion is a force of nature that transforms everyone it touches.
Buck the trend. Lose the conflict. Embrace the compassion.
for 6 Sense Media