An Awareness Experiment Part IV - What to Do
Motivation expert Dr. Wayne Dyer discusses the power of our thoughts.
There are a number of things that can help turn this situation around.
- Awareness – the first thing is you have to be aware of the current situation within you and around you and be clear about it. In other words, you have to admit there is a problem. I’ve had people I work with on motivation tell me that negative thinking is not a problem for them. We have to get out of denial and recognize the need for change and that change is possible.
- Empower Your Thinking – you need to start with you. You cannot hope to make a difference for others until you are on the road to empowered, positive thinking. What are your goals, your dreams, your bliss? Do you even remember? Get clear on what you want to achieve and affirm it with affirmations and other techniques every single day. Catch your negative thinking when it happens and question and counter them with a positive alternative. There is a greatness within you. All you need to do is set it free!
- Help Those Around You – once you “wake up” and your perspective starts to shift positively, you’ll really become aware of how much negativity others have and you understand how destructive it is to them. I don’t think smoking, obesity, or alcohol are as damaging to someone as beliefs that make people believe less of themselves. Look for opportunities to help the people around you rethink their thinking. Help them shift from disempowered thinking about themselves and the world to empowered.
- Celebrate the Positive – too many people in our society firmly believe that negative thinking is somehow more realistic than positive thinking. This is a horrible recipe for positive change in a person or a society. If you watch, you will see how often positive thinking is ridiculed in the media. Be one who celebrates positivity. Be the person who picks others up on their bad days. Live for and demand a positive outcome in your life and in the world. Everything is possible. We should think and speak and act like it.
- Shut Out Negativity – lessen or eliminate your exposure to the negative. A careful examination quickly reveals that the media is hyper-focused on the negative – crisis after crisis. They are focused on what is wrong with you – you’re poor, you’re too fat, you’re powerless. They seem to want to keep you afraid which is very disempowering. Know your limits. Being informed is a good thing, but shut out the negativity when you start to feel it having an effect on you.
More, much more, is possible for you and for all of us living here on this planet in this time and place. We have created marvels and yet believe ourselves to be less than. My hope in sharing this experiment and this dialogue was to help you realize both that there is a lot of negativity in your environment and within you, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, that you can do something to change it.
Stay inspired and empowered!
for 6 Sense Media