How to Give Every Day a Meaning
There was a time in my life when I was really struggling to get my footing in the adult world. I'd overcome a major illness at 25, but my career and personal life were not yet where I aspired to be. There were many disheartening days as I strove to overcome the challenges that faced me. The strategy I'm sharing today helped me get my life back on track and helped me remember that each and every day had a part and a purpose in my journey. Whether you're struggling as I was or just learning to add a greater sense of meaning to your days, this technique can help.
Do the following.
- Create a day chart similar to the one above. List the days in the first column and your daily focus in the second. In the graphic above, I simply titled the daily focus. I'd recommend creating a brief description of that daily focus. Your focus should be your top seven priorities in your life. They can be anything that's meaningful for you.
- Consider adding a color association for each day. Colors are powerful transmitters of energy. I recommend using the seven colors of the rainbow and those associated with our seven chakras.
- Post your daily focus chart somewhere that you can see it during the day and during the week, as you might an affirmation.
- Early on each day, spend a few minutes reflecting, meditating, or praying on your daily focus. Make it real by committing yourself to seeing all the opportunities in the coming day to focus, engage, and advance on this goal.
- Reflect or even journal about your achievements that day related to your daily focus.
- Get into the flow of the cycle of days. Look forward to your next opportunity to focus on that goal or mindset.
- If you feel like you've achieved all you can for now on a certain goal or you don't find it's really a focus, switch it out for a new daily focus. This can be anything you want it to be.
Historically, most cultures have seen life a cyclical. Our modern culture places a premium a linear view time and space. You may find that adding a cycle like your daily focus brings you closer to the rhythm of nature all around you. In any case, it will help you shine a spotlight on goals and mindsets you want to expand in your life.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
for 6 Sense Media