Top 10 Cliches You Ought to Be Living By
The trite can be irritating. It's also usually wise and true. Here are the top 10 cliches you've heard all your life, but should live by anyway.
10. Say please and thank you. It's amazing how far this one will get you.
9. Leave things better than you found them. Let your influence on the world be a positive one everywhere you go.
8. Never go to bad mad. You can check out the psychology research on this one, but common sense will tell you it's the smart thing to do.
7. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. This is a tough one. Our neighbors can sometimes be difficult. Whoever said doing the right thing was easy?
6. Fear not for all is well. Behind the scenes of this crazy world, all really is well. Nothing important can truly ever be lost. Things change forms, but they never go away. What's fear? There's nothing here but all of us conscious balls of energy roaming through space and time.
5. You have to give a little to get a little. Compromise is not a sin, despite what you might see in our popular culture. Sometimes compromise can open doors to something better than you had planned.
4. The truth will set you free. The truth may not always put a smile on your face, but knowing what's really true really sets you on the road to enlightenment. Lies are bondage. The truth is the end of bondage. Take this tip. What's true for you might not always be true for someone else.
3. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. This famous quote by Oscar Wilde may be the best piece of advice on the list. We live in a world of followers. Be the original you came here to be. Don't beat others over the head with it. Let flow naturally and let your authentic and unique light shine through.
2. You become what you think about most of the time. This quote came from Earl Nightengale, one of the 20th century's greatest motivation teachers. However, it's based on the wisdom of a million sages from practically every spiritual tradition. It's so important it could have been first on the list. We live in a world where thoughts are constantly becoming things. Heck, even the world itself is nothing more than an amalgamation of our collective thinking. Changing the world by changing your thoughts isn't just a fanciful metaphor. it's a deadly serious truth.
1. Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. There's a reason they call it the golden rule. Follow it an amazing things happen in your life.
Any one of these wisdom-ridden cliches, understood deeply enough, could be a life mission. Trying to follow them all is the work of sages. Thank goodness you were born to be one.
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.