Are You An Extraordinary Thinker?
"You see yourself as average, ordinary. And there is nothing ordinary about you, Rachel."
~Emily Griffin, Something Borrowed
Do you see yourself as average, ordinary, middle-of-the-pack? A lot of people see themselves that way and are perfectly content with it. Just always know that it is a belief, not a fact. You can shift from ordinary to extraordinary any time you choose.
You are extraordinary. It's right there beneath that ordinary facade. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. You sense that there is something extraordinary within you and you are ready to unleash it in your life and, yet, you don't.
A big part of it is shifting your paradigms from those that support ordinariness to those that promote the extraordinary in you.
Here are 16 paradigm-shifting distinctions between ordinary mindsets and extraordinary ones. Keep these posted somewhere that you can see them during your day. When you catch yourself thinking ordinary, you can instantly change to extraordinary.
- Ordinary thinkers are fear-driven. Extraordinary thinkers are love-driven.
- Ordinary thinkers believe they are victims of fate. Extraordinary thinkers know they are choosers of destiny.
- Ordinary thinkers approve the status quo. Extraordinary thinkers improve the status quo.
- Ordinary thinkers strive to be cool. Extraordinary thinkers strive to be themselves.
- Ordinary thinkers are tenant farmers in the paradigms provided by others. Extraordinary thinkers are constantly planting new and exciting paradigms in their lives and in the world.
- Ordinary thinkers trust experts. Extraordinary thinkers listen to experts, but trust themselves.
- Faced with adversity, ordinary thinkers give up. Faced with adversity, extraordinary thinkers give more.
- Ordinary thinkers expect little and receive it. Extraordinary thinkers expect much and receive it.
- Ordinary thinkers employ labels. Extraordinary thinkers seek understanding.
- Ordinary thinkers believe in chances. Extraordinary thinkers believe in choices.
- Ordinary thinkers think life happens to them. Extraordinary thinkers know life happens through them.
- Ordinary thinkers allow their doubts to rule them. Extraordinary thinkers allow their dreams to rule them.
- Ordinary thinkers believe one setback can stop everything. Extraordinary thinkers know one great idea can change everything.
- Ordinary thinkers conceive the world as "Us" vs. "Them". Extraordinary thinkers see only we.
- Ordinary thinkers are comforted by easy answers. Extraordinary thinkers dare hard questions.
- Ordinary thinkers conform to the tribe. Extraordinary thinkers transform the tribe.
Let us all commit to extraordinary thinking today. Ordinary thinkers become extraordinary thinkers every day. Why not you? The hero you're waiting for is waiting for you in the mirror.
Find your bliss. Follow your bliss. Become your bliss.